Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Criminal trial experiments

For year I have wondered what the outcome would be if a group of 12 people decide a case by only reading the transcript of the case, with all mention of anything 'stricken' from the record removed. really all non pertinent information. Remove gender, race, and anything that was strictly supposed to be what the Jury rules on.

If this was done in a thousand random cases, would the outcome be significantly different then what the actual jury had decided?

I have not studied law, so I have no idea if this has been done. If it has, please post a comment with a link.

No comments:

What I mean by 'Idea'

By 'Idea' I mean something practical. This might be an improvement or something new but it should be practical.
For example:
"We should all have jet packs."
While a great idea, it's not very practical.
If I had an idea on how to improve the thrust/weight ratio, then that would be a practical idea. That being the only real problem that would need to be solved for jet packs.