Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pop up side for wheel barrels

Back from vacation! Camping for a week with my son..and 100 other 10 year olds. It was a blast.

While watching people load stuff onto a wheel barrel, and then watching it fall out, I realized a wheel barrel with sides that could be raised would be nifty. Possibly collapsible extenders for the side.
Some clamps to attach it to the wheel barrel, a frame work that extends up 18 inches, with nylon acting as the sides.
You wouldn't want a wheel barrel that top heavy full of dirt or rocks, but a bunch of sleeping bags or other bulky but light items it would work great.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I was about 3/4 of the way through this post before I realised you were talking about wheel /barrows/.

This sounds like another of those phrases like "for all intensive purposes" where someone's heard it and just repeated it without seeing it written down, or thinking about what they're saying.

I'm assuming it's not a language thing (I speak English, as opposed to American) as it doesn't really make sense.

Unknown said...

Garrett Moffitt
Futurist, simple problem solver.

Geekoid said...

heh, not all problems are complex. The wheel is pretty simple.
No, I'm not comparing this to the wheel.

Anonymous said...

Um, dude, it's called a wagon :)

Geekoid said...

Except wagons have four wheels, and do not serve the same purpose of wheelbarrows.

Other then that, you're spot on~

What I mean by 'Idea'

By 'Idea' I mean something practical. This might be an improvement or something new but it should be practical.
For example:
"We should all have jet packs."
While a great idea, it's not very practical.
If I had an idea on how to improve the thrust/weight ratio, then that would be a practical idea. That being the only real problem that would need to be solved for jet packs.