Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Penguin Publishing cc: Jim Butcher

Dear Penguin Publishing,
You are failing to learn the lessons of previous industry impacted by the new digital life.
People want to pay less, not more then the non digital equivalent.

I can get a song for 99 cents and listen to it with equal enjoyment many, many time. Almost all books don't warrant a separate reading.

A book is often a bigger endeavor, so I will pay up to 5 dollars for an eBook. In my case it's the kindle but that applies to future readers as well.
Five Dollars, Max.

Don't forget who you are competing with. It's not eBooks v paper books. It's you're current business model vs Used books, libraries and, yes, copyright infringer.




No comments:

What I mean by 'Idea'

By 'Idea' I mean something practical. This might be an improvement or something new but it should be practical.
For example:
"We should all have jet packs."
While a great idea, it's not very practical.
If I had an idea on how to improve the thrust/weight ratio, then that would be a practical idea. That being the only real problem that would need to be solved for jet packs.